(330) 928-CARE (2273)
Talk with us today.
1251 Main St
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
Why Pinnacle Chiropractic?
Chiropractic care is shown to be effective for back pain, neck pain, headaches, work-related injuries, whiplash, shoulder pain, knee pain, carpal tunnel and many other physical ailments. Left unattended, these ailments can worsen or result in permanent damage to your body.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is important that you contact a qualified physician right away.
Our office is located in Cuyahoga Falls near I-77 and The Chapel Hill Mall. Schedule an exam today!
Local Cryotherapy using Kaasen Pro
The Kaasen technology is based upon rapid cooling of the skin combined with pressure. Liquidcarbon dioxide is filtered and funneled in the form of a cold vapor onto the surface of the skin which then rapidly cools from around 90 ̊F (32°C) to 39 ̊F (4°C). The rapid cooling and pressure applied to the skin produces a localized thermal shock effect that we call “CryoStimulation”. At 39°F (4°C) the CryoStimulation causes blood vessels under the surface of the skin to first constrict before dilating (vasodilation) to around 4 times its original diameter. This process allows a significantly increased volume of freshly oxygenated blood to perfuse the area. Additionally, there is an increased supply of beneficial hormones and neurotransmitters which flow to the site. The increased diameter of vessels within the body tissues can also improve the drainage of swelling, toxins and other unwanted by-products in the system. The thermal shock process is a natural body response to the rapid cooling and the beneficial effects are well documented. Thermal shock is a temporary reaction and once the source of cold is removed, the human body reacts in a way to warm the affected area back to normal temperature as quickly as possible.
Benefits of CryoStimulation can include:
- Increased local immune response – Kaasen cryotherapy provides a natural benefit for the symptoms of eczema and psoriasis.
- Localized increased production of collagen within the skin – Kaasen cryotherapy treatment is beneficial for reducing fine lines, tightening skin and scar tissue management,
- Pain relief (analgesia) – Local cryotherapy with Kaasen provides instant pain relief from both acute and chronic conditions and can be used to enhance physical therapy.
- Improved drainage of edema and systemic inflammation – This occurs around the site of injury such as contusions (bruises) and hematoma (pooling of blood under the skin following injury).
- Improved lymphatic drainage – improving the movement of waste products away from body tissues via the lymphatic system – particularly when combined with lymphatic drainage techniques.
- Apoptosis (programmed cell destruction) of adipose tissue (fat tissue) – This process is used for Cryo-Sculpting – Fat cells are actively destroyed over time, reducing their numbers. This aides in the sculpting of body shape, but it is not to be used as a method for weight-loss.